UN responds to Elon Musk’s challenge, announces $6.6 billion plan to tackle world hunger

After Elon Musk challenged a claim that $6.6 billion would solve world hunger, the UN publicly responded with a detailed plan.

Last month, David Beasley, the head of the UN’s World Food Program, went on CNN and told hosts how just $6 billion would nearly solve the world’s hunger problems, calling on Musk and Jeff Bezos, the two richest men, with over $500 billion between the two, to contribute. Musk responded on Twitter saying that if he was given a detailed plan, he would sell $6 billion worth of Tesla stock to contribute. Beasley has responded with a $6.6 billion plan that would “avert famine in 2022”.

On Monday, Beasley tweeted, “@elonmusk, you asked for a clear plan & open books. Here it is! We’re ready to talk with you – and anyone else – who is serious about saving lives,” adding that 42 million lives were at stake.

The plan says USD $3.5 billion would go to food and delivery, USD $2 billion to food stamps and vouchers, USD $700 million for country-specific costs, and USD $400 million for operations costs. It also shows the regions where hunger runs most rampant and where assistance is most needed. It is unclear if Musk will move forward with the contribution. He has yet to respond on Twitter.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.



© All Rights Reserved. Conservative News and Views.

Back to Top