Signs of the times
With all the disturbing information that is being revealed regularly, it is difficult not to become an extremist or a conspiracy theorist. Discerning the truth from hysteria is not as easy as it should be or as easy as it once was.
Now-a-days it is becoming harder to ignore the disturbing information that is continually streaming through cyber space and many realize that there may soon come a time to start rallying the troops to prepare for the worst.
As a Christian, the signs I’m seeing happening before my very eyes are both anticipated and disturbing. Nearly one-third of the Bible is devoted to prophecy of one kind or another – some of which has been fulfilled and some of which is yet to be fulfilled. Jesus warned that we should be able to “read the signs of the times.” And for our Jewish friends, many of the prophecies found in the New Testament can be found in the Old Testament – particularly in the Book of Daniel and the Minor Prophets. Today, whether you be Jew or Gentile, there are many biblical as well as political signs we should be paying attention to. In my worldview, the collisions of the biblical and political signs are predictable, since I always believed that the prophesied One World government would require the dismantling of the United States. After all, the United States would be the last nation standing against worldwide totalitarianism – or would it?
According to Wikipedia:
Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a term employed by some political scientists to describe a political system in which the state holds total authority over the society and seeks to control all aspects of public and private life whenever necessary.
In case you missed it, in a totalitarian state, the government controls everything – including all your thoughts and actions. In other words, it’s a form of slavery where the slaves are convinced that slavery is good for them. In a country where liberty is valued and independence is a virtue, “totalitarianism” is a four-letter word. Therefore, as you would expect, the movement is cloaked and the steps to totalitarianism are hidden by euphemisms, such as social and environmental justice.
What totalitarianism looks like
Whether you associate totalitarianism with the Communism of Karl Marx, the Fascism of Benito Mussolini, or the Nazism of Adolf Hitler, there are many mutually supportive and defining characteristics. Read them and weep:
- A dictator or strong political and charismatic leader, assimilates all political factions into indistinguishable group. In our case today, there is the appearance of a two-party system, but the reality is debatable, as one party is overtly socialistic and the other is subtly socialistic – both, however, are elitists, which is a trait totalitarian governments rely on. It should also be noted that totalitarian governments can include more than one power base in the form of individual states in this case it could very well have materialized as a two-party system. If this were the case, you would expect that the two parties would do their best to annihilate any competition. In New Jersey and Pennsylvania (the only two states I can speak about), the petitions by third party candidates to be on the ballots are legally challenged. In many cases the costs of defending the petitions are cost-prohibitive and the challengers simply drop out of the campaign. Tea Party contingents are especially vilified by the Republican Party, who logically should be embracing them.
- While a system of terror has been used to create totalitarian governments in the past, terrorism can come in many different forms. In America today we usually think of “terrorists” as Islamic extremists, but I personally believe that those who should strike terror in our hearts are those who would destroy our Constitutional Republic. They may not use violence (at least not yet) but they are using the secret police in the form or privacy abuses and they are destroying us and our protected rights piece-by-piece without the use of firearms.
- Totalitarian governments in the making always create a monopoly on weapons. Today we are seeing this characteristic materializing in the infringement of our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. We are also hearing disturbing reports regarding the absurd purchasing of munitions by Homeland Security, as well as tanks being ordered by state and local bureaucracies nationwide.
- Communications are controlled by the government and all means of communications are monitored and censored. Propaganda and using the media to silence all criticism of the powers that be is extant. Recently in NJ I just heard of a tea party patriot, who by all reports is an honorable citizen, having her email system shut down by Yahoo. The reason: her communications were labeled as being “suspicious.” Of course we are all familiar with how our phone records, internet and cyber communications are presently being monitored by various entities, including the NSA. And can anyone dispute that the mainstream media completely supports “liberal” agendas?
- Control over the economy is instituted through state planning and programs that are presented as being “good” for the general population. Between Agenda 21 projects disguised as “sustainable” programs and the absurd regulations and nonsensical trade agreements in operation today, capitalism has been nearly destroyed and the economy is completely controlled by government. Under this Administration, winners and loser are picked through government handouts and regulatory exemptions.
- Control of the family – which today has been achieved through welfare programs that have devastated the family unit in urban districts, government-run schools that have become propaganda machines instead of halls of academia, and media programming that has glorified immorality and ridiculed traditional values.
- Divisions created within the population. Today our government is using racism as a means to dividing our population, as well as welfare and entitlements. It’s the old “divide and conquer” strategy that has devastated this country.
- Additionally, today we are seeing another aspect of the creation of a worldwide totalitarian system by glorifying the United Nations. The UN is viewed by some as a utopian-type of government whereby war is eliminated and everybody sits around the campfire and sings Kumbaya. The reality of losing national autonomy is discussed by few and treaties that usurp sovereign governments are all the rage.
Signs of the times: a warning
As distressing as all this may be, I believe there is hope but only if we are realistic and start paying attention to the signs of the times. The choice is clear: either we must stand against the formation of totalitarianism today, while it is still day, or we can submit and become good little slaves.
In closing, I would like to say that there is good news. Prophecies regarding America and the New World Order do not seem to exist. Since the nations that are mentioned are those who meet their doom in the prophetic word, this can be good news. America’s fate may not be as sealed as many would have you believe. Remember, Revelation 3:7-10 speaks of a special dispensation given to the church of Philadelphia. It states:
Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial, which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on earth.
Whether you believe:
- that believers are physically removed from this earth, in what is called the “rapture” or you believe that
- we will all have to endure the Tribulation and some will be protected as the Israelites were protected in Goshen from the plagues that fell upon Egypt,
…the admonition is the same: we must persevere. We must persevere and keep God in America and we must persevere to keep our Constitutional Republic and stay out of the New World Order.
Perseverance has a price. It means standing against evil and not surrendering. I hope that Americans have the wisdom and the commitment to persevere. Our survival as an independent nation rests on both.
(NOTE: Lesson 6 of the Light and the Glory will resume next week with the study of Chapters 6 and 7.)