Yesterday the Rotund Minstrel Show and its supporting cast of phony political hypocrites put on a performance that Obama and Slick Willie would be proud of. Christie, fresh off his teary telephone slobber-fest with conservative hater Springsteen and his award winning Obama campaign speech, entertained the left with yet another drama filled enactment of self aggrandizement.
What, you may be thinking, was wrong with Christie stepping away from the cheesecake table and informing the world that the Republicans have refused to help those New Jersey people in need of help as a result of Megastorm Sandy? Of course the answer to that would be , nothing. If that was what it was about. It was not.
Facts that Christie and the media ignore
We will start here with a few facts that he and the media know, but conveniently ignore. The American people and those in New Jersey are once again being lied to for an agenda that has less to do with compassion and more to do with political careers.
- There is a big difference between “The $60.4 Billion Emergency Relief Fund” which has already been passed and a lot of that money is already in the hands of the people who need it and the Sandy Recovery Bill that Christie appears to have his sizable panties in a wad over.
- However, as a result of typical government ineptitude and incompetence, laced with bureaucratic arrogance and red tape, over 60% of those emergency relief funds still sit undistributed. It is estimated it will take 2 years to get the rest of it to the people. Have we heard our one term Governor call Obama out on this?
- The $60 Billion Sandy Recovery bill is just that, recovery, not emergency. Remember, the emergency money is still sitting undistributed. The recovery bill, typical of every piece of crap that comes from Washington, was packed with hundreds of millions of dollars in spending, unrelated to anything except the orgy of wastefing taxpayer dollars.
- No one can deny that legislation passed in “haste” has creates perpetual “waste”. Doubt this? National debt just passed the $16.4 Trillion mark. Does the duo of deception, Rep. Peter King and Christie know the difference between these two bills? Do they know any of the waste attached to this bill? Here is just some of it:
- $2 million to repair damage to the roofs of museums in Washington, D.C., while many in Hurricane Sandy’s path still have no roof over their own heads.
- $150 million for fisheries as far away from the storm’s path as Alaska.
- $125 million for the Department of Agriculture’s Emergency Watershed Protection program, which helps restore watersheds damaged by wildfires and drought.
- $20 million for a nationwide Water Resources Priorities Study.
- $15 million for NASA facilities, though NASA itself has called its damage from the hurricane ‘minimal.’
- $50 million in subsidies for tree planting on private properties.
(Reference: Daniel Foster at National Review Online
Christie and King can blame themselves
Chris Christie holds a town hall meeting in Hillsborough, NJ, on March 2, 2011. Photo: Bob Jagendorf, CC BY 2.0 Generic License
To further enlighten Rep. King and Gov. Christie, even if the “Recovery Bill” was addressed and passed by Congress yesterday, that money, except for the earmarks, would sit in government controlled accounts, for years. Yesterday’s display was nothing more than the covering of one huge ass and one incompetent congressman from Staten Island.
First, Christie, who may have singlehandedly pushed the Usurper over the top which will give us at least four more years of economic decay, has been proven to be a fool. All the loving, hugging and repulsive accolades Christie laid on Obama proved to do nothing to help New Jersey. Obama, typical of all leftists, used this crisis and the Governor’s naivety, and then tossed New Jersey into the abyss.
King, of course has been absolutely useless and has failed his Staten Island constituents beyond description. That should explain his co-staring role in yesterday’s road show. TPATH has many friends in Staten Island, they are not being fooled. Count on it.
One might think our governor who gives arrogance a bad name, would have learned from the mess he produced in aiding Obama’s October surprise. But…you would be wrong. In calls to and admiration of not only Obama, Christie also praised New Jersey’s communist crook, Senator Menendez.
Finally, Congressman Boehner, who has proven to be about 25 cards short of conservative deck, should be replaced as Speaker. However, in this case, he did the right thing.
Message to Christie: Start attacking those who have tried to use the devastation in New Jersey for their own political gain, not those we sent to Washington to stop the waste.
Reprinted from Tea Party Advocate Tracking Hub